Issued to all volunteers and organizers in Kanata’s Six Districts
by Kevin Annett
Special Adviser to the Republic’s Provisional Council in Winnipeg
December 6, 2014
“I didn’t know we and the common law had power until that Mountie backed right off …”
This remark from a protestor at the Kinder-Morgan dispute last week in Vancouver could sum up the transformation shaking our nation and the world these days. The protestor had just handed an RCMP officer a copy of our Republic’s Stand Down Order to “crown” officials, and the officer had complied.
The protestor – a young woman in her twenties – signed up with the Republic the next day.
Hundreds of others like her, and you the reader, have taken the same step in the past few months, and are poised to help inaugurate the Republic of Kanata in the new year of 2015. And we will do so not simply through a Proclamation of Independence but by direct actions to take back our land and liberties, and restore the Common Law as our governing authority.
As sovereign men and women, you have the God given power and the right and obligation to do so. And here is how we will accomplish it:
- The Proclamation. After four drafts were debated and amended, our Proclamation of Independence received final assent by our Provisional Council last Monday. This Proclamation declaring our sovereignty will be read publicly and enacted at a foundational ceremony on the morning of January 1, 2015, at five locations across Kanata. On that day, the Republic of Kanata will come into lawful existence. The first Congress of the new Republic will be convened during 2015.
- The Constitution and High Court of the Republic. The Proclamation will authorize a new Constitution for the Republic, which will provide for common law courts of justice, including a High Court of the Republic under whose authority local courts will operate. This step will lawfully disestablish the laws and governance of “Canada” and the crown, and legitimate our laws and actions as a Republic.
- Reclaiming the Nation. On January 15, a fortnight after Independence Day, our Republic will commence direct and ongoing actions to actively reclaim the land and the law by land seizures, nullification of debts and taxes, and take over of public facilities. Not only the RCMP and police, but all “crown” officials across Kanata, will have their power revoked, and all bills, taxes, statutes and laws of the former corporate entity called Canada will be made null and void. In their place, we will actively establish new laws and institutions designed to return wealth and power to all the people.
You, the nearly one thousand members of the Republic, are the seed from which this new nation will emerge. Each of you must recruit, educate and mobilize other men and women over the next few months as part of this campaign and Proclamation of Liberty.
As part of this notification, you have received the names and contact information of the other Republic volunteers in your community. You are to gather together immediately and do the following:
- Establish a local branch of our Republic and elect three officers: A Branch Convener, an Education and Membership Coordinator, and a Direct Action Coordinator. Hold one public action and one branch meeting every week.
- Distribute our Proclamation and literature to the public and involve them in our direct actions, including the establishment of local Republican Common Law Courts.
- Take the Pledge of Allegiance to the Republic, sign up others to do the same, and pay dues to the local branch of no less than five percent of your monthly income. (All of your funds will remain in your local branch to supply your actions).
More advice and resources will be provided to you through our official publications and website (www.republicofkanata.com) . The head Convener for your District will be in touch with all of you directly.
If you are reading this, you are the Republic. From you and you alone will issue the future: a reclaimed land, wiped clean of the corruption and crimes of the present, and governed by the Natural Law of equality, peace and liberty. From you alone will come the ideas and actions that will ensure that our children are raised as healthy and free people, as true sovereigns in their own land of Kanata: a federation of free and equal nations.
“Though we may fail today, our principles will triumph tomorrow, taking seed and arising anew in the lives of new generations of free people … I have hope in our future.”
May these words of Canada’s first Republican leader, William Lyon McKenzie, come true and guide us in the days ahead, and give us the courage to triumph through the grace of God.
In the service of the Republic and the People,